Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> La Carreta's Imperial Rice
lobo218
post Apr 11 2005, 08:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

Hi - I am looking for a recipe for the Imperial Rice served at La Carreta. I made the recipe on the 3 Guys from Miami website and it was great but not the same. If I remember correctly, there doesn't seem to be tomato in La Carreta's version. I also seem to remember it being topped with mayonnaise and eggs and served with platanos.
I grew up in Miami and now live in Tampa and I am craving this dish!!!
Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
foodiesleuth
post Apr 27 2005, 11:26 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 4

Sorry I didn't reply sooner but was visiting Miami for a couple of weeks and just returned home last evening.

I haven't tasted the Arroz Imperial at La Carreta, but have at the Lila in Hialeah. Theirs doesn't seem to have tomato sauce either, if I remember correctly....it has been a long time since I've eaten there.... I moved away from Miami 11 years ago and have not visited the Lila on any of my return visits....must remember next time.

Sonia

--------------------
Sonia
on an island...far away....

+Quote Post
Clockman
post Aug 15 2005, 01:09 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 98

QUOTE (lobo218 @ Apr 11 2005, 08:18 PM)
Hi - I am looking for a recipe for the Imperial Rice served at La Carreta. I made the recipe on the 3 Guys from Miami website and it was great but not the same. If I remember correctly, there doesn't seem to be tomato in La Carreta's version. I also seem to remember it being topped with mayonnaise and eggs and served with platanos.
I grew up in Miami and now live in Tampa and I am craving this dish!!!
Thanks!

This is not what your requested, but it is a local Miami Recipe and one that I reallly enjoy. This is also the one I was looking for and fortunately it was still on my grandson's computer that I gave him.

Roger

Imperial Rice (Alexís Momís Recipe)

1 chicken
2 onions
2 bell peppers
olives
capers
6 cloves garlic
4 oz tomato sauce
olive oil
Ĺ teaspoon cumin dry cooking wine
salt and pepper to taste
4 cups rice
1/4 - Ĺ teaspoon Bijol (for yellow rice)
mayonnaise
parmesan cheese
pimento peppers
green peas
1. Cut chicken into parts and boil until done. Skin and break in pieces. 2. Combine 1 onion, 1 bell pepper, olives, capers garlic, tomato sauces, cumin and puree in a blender.
3. Put puree spices and chicken in a pan and a little olive oil, dry cooking wine (white), chopped 1 bell pepper,1 onion, and cook together.

Prepare rice: equal amount of rice with chicken broth (1 cup of rice - 1 cup of chicken broth) add Bijol and olive oil to make yellow rice.

When all is done, in a prirex dish layer rice, mayonnaise, chicken (at least two layers or more) until the last layer is rice. Cover with Parmesan cheese put in oven to melt then garnish with pimento peppers and peas.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 02:12 PM

Site by restaurant website design