Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> real Cuban style wedding theme
luisito44
post Dec 17 2004, 11:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

cuban born------finacee-usa english----food menu/wedding? style? clothing? especially bride/bridemaids clothing?------ any advice welcome---me viejo-60! forgot lot of cuban customs --escaped Havana mid 80"s to Miami-----live in frio PA---------want real cuban theme wedding--suggestions and links are much welcome
instructments y songs for wedding?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mayra
post Dec 30 2004, 06:04 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (luisito44 @ Dec 17 2004, 11:07 AM)
cuban born------finacee-usa english----food menu/wedding? style? clothing? especially bride/bridemaids clothing?------  any advice welcome---me viejo-60! forgot lot of cuban customs --escaped Havana mid 80"s to Miami-----live in frio PA---------want real cuban theme wedding--suggestions and links are much welcome
  instructments  y songs for wedding?

Here are some suggestions, but it depends on what time of the year you are getting married and how formal your wedding will be. If it's in the summer (especially near the ocean), why not wear white Guayabera shirts over linen pants. Attire could be white linen for all of the guests. (I would let your fiancee choose her wedding gown, along with the bridemaids. However, short bridemaids dresses are very hip right now.) Music could be classic Benny More (e.g., "De ti me enamore"), Perez Prado, Buena Vista Social Club, and, of course, Willie Chirino (e.g., "Artista Famoso") and Celia Cruz ("Yerberito", "La Guagua", anything really) to get folks dancing. Do you know a Cuban caterer? How fancy will your wedding be? If it's informal, nothing beats the traditional "lechon asado", "yuca con mojo" or "platanos maduros", along with "frijoles negros." It doesn't get any more traditional than that. If it's a formal affair, I would skip this type of meal and opt for Cuban touches (for example, a good flan and cuban coffee after dinner). The table names could be names of cities in Cuba, perhaps with pictures or postcards of that city. And why not have a someone make hand rolled cigars and pass them out as favors at the reception. And for a signature drink why not "Mojitos" (I recently had Mojitos at my wedding and it was a BIG hit.) Best of luck and to your fiancee in planning your wedding. (By the way, I recently moved to PA from Miami. Brrrrrrr. It's way too cold here.)

+Quote Post
foodiesleuth
post Feb 7 2005, 01:53 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (mayra @ Dec 30 2004, 06:04 AM)
If it's in the summer (especially near the ocean), why not wear white Guayabera shirts over linen pants.  Attire could be white linen for all of the guests. 

Mayra this is an excellent suggestion! What a wonderful summer wedding it would be with all the men in spiffy, dressy white guayaberas! I love outdoor summer weddings because they can be so much more casual in dress and feel.

I will keep this in mind for future ideas when I make suggestions to a bride next time I do any catering for a wedding

Sonia
foodiesleuth
who now lives in Hawaii ;-)

--------------------
Sonia
on an island...far away....

+Quote Post
victoria
post Jul 23 2005, 05:58 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 91

Hi, I am new to this site.

"Havana Nights" parties are very popular now, and Guayabera-theme parties, also.

I happen to own a high-end Ladies' Guayabera Boutique in Miami and I am making Guayabera Wedding gowns for many Miami brides. You can contact me at guayaber@bellsouth.net if you are interested in more information.

Victoria

QUOTE (foodiesleuth @ Feb 7 2005, 01:53 PM)
Mayra this is an excellent suggestion!  What a wonderful summer wedding it would be with all the men in spiffy, dressy white guayaberas!  I love outdoor summer weddings because they can be so much more casual in dress and feel.

I will keep this in mind for future ideas when I make suggestions to a bride next time I do any catering for a wedding

Sonia
foodiesleuth
who now lives in Hawaii ;-)

+Quote Post
Admin
post Mar 23 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #5

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Great thread smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 09:33 PM

Site by restaurant website design