Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recipe for pastelitos de guayaba, The dough
Ilu
post Jun 13 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 231

Hello!

I have been looking for a recipe for pastelitos de guayaba, and have been very unsuccessful! I have 1 recipe that I got from one of my cookbooks, but it calls for added the cream cheese to the dough itself, and it just didn't work out.

Does anyone have any recipes that they can share with me?? I am Cuban-American stuck in San Jose, CA, and there ARE NO CUBAN BAKERIES HERE!!! sad.gif sad.gif Not happy at all!!!! mad.gif

Anyway...even the dough recipe would be appreciated...I read in the recipes that you can use puff pastry, but now I am even scared to do that...

Help!

Ilu in San Jose

--------------------
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"][/font][size="2"][/size][color="#9932CC"][/color] Ilu
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Admin
post Jun 14 2006, 11:55 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Ilu @ Jun 13 2006, 09:13 PM)
Hello!

I have been looking for a recipe for pastelitos de guayaba, and have been very unsuccessful!  I have 1 recipe that I got from one of my cookbooks, but it calls for added the cream cheese to the dough itself, and it just didn't work out.

Does anyone have any recipes that they can share with me??  I am Cuban-American stuck in San Jose, CA, and there ARE NO CUBAN BAKERIES HERE!!!  sad.gif  sad.gif  Not happy at all!!!!  mad.gif

Anyway...even the dough recipe would be appreciated...I read in the recipes that you can use puff pastry, but now I am even scared to do that...

Help!

Ilu in San Jose

The recipe here should suffice:

http://tasteofcuba.com/pastelitos.html

Using puff pastry should be pretty easy. There are also a few companies that can ship pastelitos de guayaba straight to you. There was a bakery in the next city over from me that made pastelitos de guayaba, pina, fresa, fresa y queso, and they were all wonderful. Unfortunately they closed down, so I haven't had a decent pastelito in two years.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 01:53 PM

Site by restaurant website design