Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TAPAS ?
sinbad
post Dec 5 2004, 12:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

HELLO, i AM THE NEW GUY.

I am not sure about spelling of the food I am looking for. I have no idea what it is , but want to learn. I think it is TAPAS ? Would be thankful for any help. unsure.gif unsure.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
foodiesleuth
post Dec 7 2004, 12:23 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (sinbad @ Dec 5 2004, 12:55 PM)
HELLO, i AM THE NEW GUY.

I am not sure about spelling of the food I am looking for. I have no idea what it is , but want to learn. I think it is TAPAS ? Would be thankful for any help. unsure.gif  unsure.gif  biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance

Hola Sinbad;

Tapas is the name or category of a whole array of foods...its like antojitos, or hors d'oeuvre.....not just one recipe, but hundreds!!!

Any particular type tapas you are interested in?

Sonia

--------------------
Sonia
on an island...far away....

+Quote Post
sinbad
post Dec 10 2004, 03:01 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (foodiesleuth @ Dec 7 2004, 01:23 AM)
Hola Sinbad;

Tapas is the name or category of a whole array of foods...its like antojitos, or hors d'oeuvre.....not just one recipe, but hundreds!!!

Any particular type tapas you are interested in?

Sonia

+Quote Post
sinbad
post Dec 10 2004, 03:15 PM
Post #4

Hola Sonia,

This is great I learned two things already! This is a busy time for me right now, plus I am down with something or other. I work in a school and what goes around comes around to me. I will get back to this at a later date. Thanks for your reply I am greatful for your help. This is a new adventure for my mind. My wife is also interested, she is a great cook. She has written her own cookbook,and is allways open to
new foods. smile.gif Tapas sounds like a whole new world. Thanks, and happy holidays I know how to say it in spanish , but not how to spell it rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
foodiesleuth
post Dec 10 2004, 04:54 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Sinbad says:
My wife is also interested, she is a great cook. She has written her own cookbook,and is allways open to
new foods. smile.gif

Hola, Sinbad;

My ears perked up when I read about your wife's cookbook....What type cuisine? ....is it for sale somewhere I can get it? I collect cookbooks and can never have enough, even though I might not cook from all of them. Since I write food articles for newspapers, the books are always used for reference material.

When you get ready to learn more about Tapas, there are some great cookbooks on the subject. The first one and best is still Penelope Casas' Tapas, but there are also others such as:
Tapas by Ann & Larry Walker
Tapas by Richard Tapper
Great Tapas by Silvana Franco

Meantime, I wish you and yours a
Feliz Navidad y Prospero Aņo Nuevo!

Sonia

--------------------
Sonia

+Quote Post
sinbad
post Dec 12 2004, 07:23 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (foodiesleuth @ Dec 10 2004, 05:54 PM)
Sinbad says:
My wife is also interested, she is a great cook. She has written her own cookbook,and is allways open to
new foods.  smile.gif 
Hola, Sinbad;

My ears perked up when I read about your wife's cookbook....What type cuisine? ....is it for sale somewhere I can get it?  I collect cookbooks and can never have enough, even though I might not cook from all of them.  Since I write food articles for newspapers, the books are always used for reference material.

When you get ready to learn more about Tapas, there are some great cookbooks on the subject.  The first one and best is still Penelope Casas' Tapas, but there are also others such as:
Tapas by Ann & Larry Walker
Tapas by Richard Tapper
Great Tapas by Silvana Franco

Meantime, I wish you and yours a
Feliz Navidad y Prospero Aņo Nuevo!

Sonia

+Quote Post
sinbad
post Dec 12 2004, 07:39 PM
Post #7

Hola , Sonia, Thanks for hints about the books. I will check them out at a later date. Busy time for me now, school vacation comeing up. Yes wy wifes cookbook is for sale. Book is about easy to make everday meals. No fancy stuff. You have everything in your kitchen right now to make most everything it. Just plain good food. With some Polish and other ethnic foods. Over 500 recipes from soups , slalads, main dishes,side dishes,breads,pies, cakes ect. Now how about a deal? If you send me your address I will send you a book. If you enjoy the book you send me $15.00 This will cover book and shipping. O.K.?
My wife would like to know details about your writing. Where does your work appear? , ECT.

Almost forgot to thank you for and wish you Feliz navidad y prospero ano nuevo. I now have learned three things

sinbad biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
foodiesleuth
post Dec 12 2004, 10:09 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Hola Sinbad;

I have sent you a private message with my address and offering your wife a copy of my own cookbook 'Tropical Taste' now in its second printing....

Gracias!
Sonia

--------------------
Sonia

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 01:59 AM

Site by restaurant website design